Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN): is a non-hazardous solid waste
services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer,
disposal, and recycling services in 46 states in the U.S. and 6
provinces in Canada. Our 18,000+ employees foster a work
culture of Servant Leadership.
Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered
employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent
commitments and seek to create positive impacts through
interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees,
always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our
Because we operate with a highly decentralized structure, we look
for individuals who are energetic and have individual initiative
and creativity. Bring your passion to succeed and you'll quickly
discover that great opportunities are all around you. At Waste
Connections, you'll thrive if you are friendly, dedicated, and
prefer a work hard/play harder culture that is focused on
maintaining our reputation as the premier waste services company in
the markets we serve.
Why you need to join us!
Waste Connections is not only the best waste services company in
North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your
potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with
extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant
leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste
Connections, we value each individual's unique background,
experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Our people mean everything to us.
• CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment
where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then
doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance
- Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of powertrain,
electrical and hydraulic systems on heavy equipment, such as
dozers, compactors, excavators, ADT's, etc.
- Perform power washing on heavy equipment during routine
- Complete required paperwork utilizing equipment maintenance
software program associated with repairing equipment, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews and completes repairs identified on Daily Inspection
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns that may take
place in the landfill.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with
corporate and OSHA standards.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday and typically every other
Saturday, or as needed.
- Minimum of two years' experience in heavy equipment maintenance
- Must provide own personal tools.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Welding/fabrication experience a huge plus !
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance,
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Waste Connections, Alexandria , Mechanic, Engineering , Manassas, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!