Network Design Engineer
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:Leidos is looking to hire a Network
Enterprise Design Engineer in Quantico, VA to join our newly
awarded SMIT program.
Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Navy
Service Management, Integration and Transport (SMIT) program. This
is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for
maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and
Marine Corps.Under the Service Management, Integration, and
Transport(SMIT) program, our eidos team will deliver the core
backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity
services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its
shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and
service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts
under one enterprise network.
The selected candidate will assist the Government Lead in the daily
engineering duties on systems. Additional job duties and
- Evaluate communication hardware and software communication,
troubleshoot Local Area Network (LAN)/Base Area Network (BAN)/Wide
Area Network (WAN) and other network related problems.
- Provide technical leadership in the integration and test of
complex large-scale computer integrated networks.
- Schedule conversions and cutovers.
- Design and provide near real time full spectrum situational
awareness of IT services, events, incidents, and infrastructure to
support vulnerability analyses.
- Deliver Navy/Marine Corps NetOps control and visibility via
electronic network management systems (automated means) and Command
and Control (C2) facilities for use by watch standers on the
Navy/Marine Corps network.
- Facilitate the Government's exercise of network operational
control over critical services and infrastructure in support of
Department of Navy (DON) statutory and war fighting
- Design and perform schema extensions for directory
- Perform system integration and server installation on server
- Perform system backup (Disaster Recovery), security updates (in
accordance with Government procedures for directory services), and
system integration with HBSS.
- Develop integration with standard Active Directory (AD)
services plus the availability to use Windows Light Directory
Access Portal (LDAP) services for all physical and virtual
application servers, network devices and appliances.
- Perform tasks associated with application networking ports and
protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and LAN.
- Perform integration with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
certificates and network accounts to support two-factor
authentication for all Active Directory (AD) domain account
categories and eliminate the need for password-based
- Support network analysis and troubleshooting using deep packet
inspection with Wireshark, Sniffer or similar toolsets.
- Develop system status dashboards.
- Design, test, document, install, and maintain NetScout systems
such as nGenius One, NetScout Performance Manager, and Netscout
- Design RedHat Enterprise Linux Platforms solutions and Rights
Management Services for administrators, users and groups.
- Design, Develop and Operate Central Management Consoles and
Systems including (but not limited to): Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet,
Brocade, McAfee, Linux, HP Operations Manager i (OMi), HP Network
Node Manager i (NNMi), HP Server Automation, and HP Network
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or
related field and a minimum of 10 years of experience
- IASAE II certification
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience with the performance and configuration of
- Experience with NetWork Access Control and Comply to
Keywords: Leidos, Alexandria , Network Design Engineer, Engineering , Quantico, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!