Sr. Test and Evaluation Engineer
Company: KITTY HAWK TECHNOLOGIES
Location: King George
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Kitty Hawk Technologies, a growing service, technology and
manufacturing innovator, is seeking talented and motivated
professionals to deliver lean and effective solutions to our
government and industry partners. We have an immediate opening for
a Senior T&E Engineer to join our team. This position will
provide an opportunity to develop the innovative technology that
supports some of our nation's most important defense initiatives.
In addition to receiving a competitive salary and health benefits,
the Senior T&E Engineer will join a motivated, talented, and
technically accomplished team. The employee will also enjoy a
flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and
1. Provide test planning and execution support to the High Energy
Laser Counter-Antiship Cruise Missile Program (HELCAP) program
manager as the Test and Evaluation coordinator. This support will
be provided through the following activities:
a. Develop and lead a Test and Evaluation Working Group (TEWG) to
act as the arm through which the direction of the HELCAP Program
Manager (PM) will execute his test program. The TEWG will be
charted to support all aspects of test planning and related
engineering developments that are required to support HELCAP
testing. The TEWG will:
i. Conduct planning and execution support for HELCAP testing
ii. Coordinate test engineering and development activities
necessary to support HELCAP testing
iii. Plan and implement risk reduction activities into HELCAP
testing to provide risk mitigation at every practical
iv. Develop and direct necessary test infrastructure in support of
the unique requirements of HELCAP testing
v. Develop, coordinate, and deliver unique deliverable data
2. Coordinate Modeling and Simulation (M&S) efforts in support
of the HELCAP program.
a. Integrate ongoing HELCAP and NSWC Dahlgren M Department M&S
b. Coordinate the development of M Department mission thread
development and mission engineering efforts
c. Coordinate the HELCAP M&S efforts with the NSWC Dahlgren
Laser Community of Practice activities
d. Coordinate the development of mission level models and tools to
provide overall mission performance
3. Coordinate the development of an overall HELCAP Live, Virtual,
and Constructive (LVC) test program.
a. Integrate the HELCAP test program with the Dahlgren Digital
Proving Ground (DPG)
b. Ensure that HELCAP leverages early virtual and constructive test
opportunities to provide timely system performance feedback
c. Coordinate DPG opportunities to evaluate system integration with
surface combat systems
d. Develop a risk reduction program that leverages DPG testing
opportunities prior to integrated HELCAP ground and flight tests -
Department of Defense Secret security clearance.
- An understanding of systems engineering concepts and
- An understanding of test engineering concepts and processes.
- An understanding of the Defense Acquisition System and weapon
system life cycles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- The ability to be motivated and self-starting, with the ability
and desire to work independently to evaluate option, concepts, and
alternatives with a timely fashion.
- Experience with Test and Evaluation of U.S. Navy Defense weapons
- Experience with planning, execution, and evaluating complex test
- Experience with strategic test planning, to include the
derivation of test objects and measures of performance.
- Experience with/understanding of complex radar, combat, and
Keywords: KITTY HAWK TECHNOLOGIES, Alexandria , Sr. Test and Evaluation Engineer, Engineering , King George, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!