Senior Virtualization Design Engineer
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Job #: R-00049385
Location: Quantico, VA
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Description Job Description:Leidos is pleased to announce that it
has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete
(NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract
that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global
network of the Navy and Marine Corps. In support of this exciting
program Leidos is looking to hire a Technology Consultant in
Quantico, VA to join our Team.NGEN-R is the largest IT services
program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration,
and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the
core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including
cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data
transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its
shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and
service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts
under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will assist the Government Lead in the
daily engineering duties on systems. Other job duties and
- Design, implement, and support the network to include
installation, maintenance, security, and day-to-day monitoring of
- Maintain and administer applications, custom monitors, and
- Coordinate and manage overall system maintenance.
- Recommend and implement test sets to provide root cause
analysis and resolution for alerts and events and resolve incidents
in response to escalated tickets.
- Work with cluster file systems and other technologies to
provide redundancy and availability for server farms and
- Develop and execute software, testing, and validation
procedures, programming and documentation.
- Design and customize software to optimize operational
efficiency in cloud-based environments.
- Develop and integrate virtual storage console.
- Execute data store design and management.
- Support virtualization capacity, performance design, and
- Manage virtualization high availability/disaster recovery
solution design and integration.
- Complete Virtual Switching (Vswitch) design and
- Perform tasks associated with application networking ports and
protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and Local Area
- Manage user and group permissions and security design.
- Initiate security updates in accordance with Government
procedures for directory services.
- Support evaluating virtualization and network
- Perform virtualization integration with System Center
Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012, SQL 2012R2, external storage
devices utilizing LUNs, quota distribution and file sharing and
installation on various server hardware.
- Perform system integration with Host Based Security System
- Perform virtualization integration with New File System (NFS),
IP Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) and Fiber Channel
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or
related field and a minimum of 10 years of Experience
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III
- Must possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library
(ITIL) version 3 Foundation.
- Must possess professional-level certifications in one or more
technology related vendor solutions such as Veritas, EMC
Corporation, NetApp, or Tivoli, or demonstrate sufficient
experience in lieu of certification.
- Active DOD Secret clearance
- Experience with Data Sharing, Network Attached Storage (NAS),
Disaster Recovery preparation, and integration of capabilities with
Cloud Computing and Cyber architectures
- Experience with administering the most current versions of
Windows Operating Systems and Windows Operating Systems
environments, virtual infrastructure platforms, and working with
vendor-neutral virtual networking solutions and technologies.
- Experience with virtualization concepts, virtual and storage
networking protocols, such as Fiber Channel protocols and Internet
Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI). Experience with VMWare and
Hyper-V tools and VMWare Update Manager.Experience with Hyper-V
WSUS (Windows Server Update Services).NGEN-MCENExternal Referral
Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level
Required:SecretTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly
Family:Systems EngineeringPay Range: About LeidosLeidos is a
Fortune 500 -- --information technology, engineering, and science
solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest
challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil,
and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital
missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in
Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately
$11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more
information, visit www.Leidos.com . Pay and BenefitsPay and
benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we
craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work
we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive
compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid
Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .Securing
Your DataLeidos will never ask you to provide payment-related
information at any part of the employment application process. And
Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent
from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting
to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any
other personal information, please report the email to
firstname.lastname@example.org .Commitment to DiversityAll qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship,
religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry,
domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis
prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with
relevant laws. Description Job Description:Leidos is pleased to...
Description Job Description:Leidos is pleased to... Description Job
Description:Leidos is pleased to... Description Job
Description:Leidos is pleased to... Join our Talent Community to
create a profile, enabling a streamlined application process and to
help our recruiters better understand your areas of expertise and
interest. Contact us about product information and pricing,
customer feedback, stockholder services, or just to voice a
Keywords: Leidos, Alexandria , Senior Virtualization Design Engineer, Engineering , Quantico, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!