Digital Engineer Team Lead
Company: W. R. Berkley Corporation
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Digital Engineer Team Lead in Manassas, Virginia - Careers at
VA, Manassas Skip Branding Digital Engineer Team Lead in Manassas,
Virginia - Careers at VA, Manassas Skip to Main Content Please
Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning
Candidate? Log back in! Digital Engineer Team Lead Location Name
VA, Manassas ID 2021-4670 Date Posted 2 days ago (2/17/2021 5:10
PM) Company Berkley Alternative Markets Tech Primary Location
US-VA-Manassas Category Information Technology Company Details We
started in early 2019 as a small group of technologists with a
passion for making insurance better. Today we are working with a
team of industry experts who run five different insurance brands
and collectively control $1 billion in annual premiums. We believe
in an idea and execution meritocracy. In other words, a place where
the best ideas win and the people who deliver the most value get
the most opportunities. As we grow our team, we are looking for
inquisitive, entrepreneurial people who are excited to reimagine
the insurance industry. Insurance is too complex. Help us make it
better. About the job: The Digital Engineering team focuses highly
on delivery; bringing simple solutions to complex user
interactions. You will lead a team that creates and maintains a
multitenant insurance portal, from the framework to the reusable
components, which serves as a delivery conduit for digital
engagement. From understanding user journeys to implementing
interfaces and services, the Digital team creates and maintains
highly satisfying experiences that can be reused across insurance
brands. About the candidate:
- Have a passion for technology; understand that continuous
learning is vital to growth.
- Naturally curious, views problems as challenges to be
- Be detail oriented, knowing that more information leads to
- Possess a team-oriented mentality, thriving in effective
collaboration and succeeding as "we" not "me."
- Maintain open-mindedness in the face of challenge, always
looking for the best solution to a single problem.
- Invested in the progress and growth of others, takes pride in
contributing to the success of others. Responsibilities
- Work with various teams and stakeholders to create and maintain
digital experiences for multiple insurance brands - setting goals
for the digital team and removing challenges that they face.
- Evaluate new technology and form data-based opinions to ensure
continued high level product offerings.
- Use an understanding of digital customers' needs to drive
digital product decisions and technical strategy.
- Build and maintain digital interfaces to core systems,
providing technical leadership to other team members.
- Estimates projects, identifies non-functional requirements,
leads design discussion and code review.
- Looks critically at people, process, and technology in
department and contributes to continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination
of education and experience
- 8+ years working in front end development using HTML5, CSS, and
- 5+ years' experience using JS frameworks and libraries
including React or Angular
- 5+ years' experience with CSS frameworks including Tailwind,
Bootstrap, Foundation, or Semantic UI
- 5+ years' experience with CSS preprocessors and RESTful
services and APIs
- 5+ years' experience with front end tooling including Grunt,
webpack, npm, or Bower.
- 5+ years' experience implementing responsive design and
- Excellent communication skills with strong customer service
commitment Preferred qualifications:
- Experience designing and implementing multitenant portal
frameworks (build or buy) Options Create Profile & Apply Apply
Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is
not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and
try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: W. R. Berkley Corporation, Alexandria , Digital Engineer Team Lead, Engineering , Manassas, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!