Library Media Assistant (Part-time)
Company: Alexandria City Public Schools
Posted on: September 17, 2023
The Library Media Assistant maintains library collection and
controls audio-visual equipment at school site; performs clerical
functions related to collection, processing, circulation,
maintenance, and inventory of library materials; and provides
support for library operations.
This position is for 24 hours per week.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Job related experience within specialized field
with increasing levels of responsibility required.
- Assists teachers, students, and other personnel in identifying
resource materials for use in classroom, class assignments and
- Provides instruction in use of software.
- Assists with physical inventories to verify available equipment
and identify damage and/or loss.
- Communicates with classroom teachers and district personnel
regarding overdue materials.
- Contacts students, parents, staff, etc. to recover delinquent
- Distributes requested library books, periodicals and media
- Inventories library books, equipment, and materials to document
losses and/or maintain availability of materials.
- Maintains a variety of records and/or files to provide
efficient library collection controls.
- Monitors student behavior while in library to create an
effective working and learning environment.
- Monitors subscription services to ensure continuous correct
- Performs a variety of clerical functions in support of the
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance of media and
in-library computer equipment (by assignment) to ensure the
availability of equipment in safe operating condition.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. materials
catalog, activity logs, memo and transmittal, instruction sheets,
purchase orders, correspondence, etc.) to document activities,
provide written reference and/or convey information.
- Processes new and/or returned library books, curriculum
materials, periodicals and/or media (e.g. checking order accuracy,
cataloging, storing, shelving, etc.).
- Researches discrepancies between purchase orders and packing
slips to ensure that items ordered are received at ordered
- Researches information to assist teachers and staff in securing
- Responds to inquiries to provide information and/or
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the
efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
Public Health Compliance
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical
will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
Keywords: Alexandria City Public Schools, Alexandria , Library Media Assistant (Part-time), Advertising , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!