Specialist, Social Media Content
Company: Mason Companies, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
At SHRM, we are committed to making work, workers and workplaces
better through insights-driven policy solutions, learning and
development, thought leadership and research. We are shaping the
ways employers and employees thrive together. SHRM is empowering
our more than 300,000+ members, including HR professionals,
business executives, and people managers, to lead as strategic
business partners and effective stewards of workplace culture,
business productivity, and employee engagement. Working closely
with the Manager of Social Engagement and SHRM's Social Media Team,
the Specialist, Social Content operates within a highly autonomous
and mission-driven environment empowering and elevating HR
professionals as trusted, credentialed, and strategic business
partners who guide positive workplace cultures of today, and shape
productive and dynamic workplaces of tomorrow. As a member of the
communications team, the specialist is responsible for social media
content and calendar management. The specialist will manage the
content for SHRM's social media accounts across multiple social
platforms, including SHRM's member communities, experimenting, and
leveraging the best in class analytical tools as well as organic
and paid social outreach. This role also creates and curates
digital communities' social content to start meaningful
conversations around employees, employers and the economy can
thrive. Position Description
- Create, implement, and enforce guidelines and standards for
social media content across multiple social channels.
- Increase awareness of key messages, drive traffic to our
products and resources, and foster engagements with key audiences
and influencers such as SHRM members, business leaders, policy
elites, and key stakeholders.
- Develop (through multiple stakeholders) and create consistent,
meaningful content editing for social media around SHRM's key
- Assist with writing, editing, reviewing, posting, promoting
SHRM blog and blog submissions.
- Support in-house designer to create original graphics, videos,
illustrations, and other visuals to live on all social media
channels as well as use online tools to create graphics and visuals
- Maintain and manage a content calendar across departments,
campaigns, and projects.
- Train designated staff and entities in the use of and best
practices for social media platforms and similar technologies
relating to digital content development, engagement, digital
relationship building, social communities, and social
- Work with Social Engagement Specialist to monitor and manage
each platform assigned - knowing the strengths, weaknesses,
opportunities of each platform while connecting the patterns
between product lines, PR campaigns, and thought leadership.
- Work with Social Media Team to ensure users of SHRM's online
communities are engaging appropriately and professionally.
- Work with Social Media Team to leverage social media data and
analytics to uncover key insights and opportunities to engage along
the consumer digital journey. Optimize the digital experience for
our audiences based on these findings.
- Work with Social Media Team to prepare performance reports and
summaries based on customer specific targets (brand management,
trend monitoring, crisis monitoring, market research, influencer
identification, competitor analysis, etc.)
- Report on new trends, features, and data on social
- Other duties and projects as assigned. Position Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in communications or marketing; or equivalent
- At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Agency experience in a social/digital medial role or brand
experience in-house in a social/digital role.
- Experience as a writer or editor required. Social media and
blog writing experience is a plus
- Ability to moderate business groups, in person and/or online,
for a professional organization, business or brand preferred
- Impeccable attention to detail and analytic skills with a
proven ability to multi-task and manage complexity.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team that strives to
create a bold purpose daily.
- Self-starter attitude, entrepreneurial spirit, and ability to
move quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative and innovative thinker, organized, detail-oriented,
team player and solution-oriented
- Expertise in digital and social media platforms, including but
not limited to LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube,
- Knowledge of Slack, Trello, Bannersnack, Canva, Social Studio,
and Meltwater or similar social media management platforms.
- Advanced understanding of English grammar, editing, and
- Strong interpersonal skills, an active listener and critical
- Demonstrate qualities of a team player and capacity to interact
with staff and stakeholders.
- Readiness to undertake a broad range of tasks as
- Excellent written, verbal, and virtual communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Insatiable consumer of current events and ability to shape
content in that changing narrative.
- Appropriately and positively represent SHRM to external
- Strong analytic and data/content data interpretation skills
required in order to distill large amounts of content in actionable
and meaningful ways.
- Proven commitment to SHRM's six Guiding Principles:
- Bold Purpose
- Excellence & Accountability
- Flexibility & Agility
- Smart & Curious
- Push Back to Move Forward Physical Requirements
- Must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily with
- Work is generally done sitting, talking, hearing, and typing.
Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and
figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive
- Work is regularly performed in a professional office
environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
- Travel Required: Occasional 0-10% Our employment practices are
in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against
qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color,
gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability,
genetic information, veteran's status, marital status, gender
identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status
protected by applicable law. SHRM is an equal opportunity employer
(Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran). We do not sponsor applicants
for work visas.
- Job Family Communications
- Job Function Performance Marketing & Comm
Keywords: Mason Companies, Inc., Alexandria , Specialist, Social Media Content, Advertising , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!