Company: Goodwin House
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Goodwin House Inc. is the #6 2021 Top Workplace in the D.C.
region, according to The Washington Post! Join our work family that
represent nearly 70 countries and make connections that last a
lifetime!What Makes Us Awesome!At Goodwin House, we feel deeply
connected to our work. We create meaningful relationships and have
opportunities to grow our skills. We come from all around the world
yet share the following qualities (that we hope you share,
- Compassion that is rooted in a love of people
- Ambition to make a difference in the lives of others
- Desire to be a part of a mission-driven teamAbout the
PositionPosition is primarily responsible to act in a support
capacity for Facilities Management and Environmental Services
departments. Position has responsibility for observing and securing
the G-2 loading dock area; receiving deliveries and monitoring the
vendors and contractors who access this level. Receives service
requests and enters requests into the WorxHub system. Receives and
schedules housekeeping assistance requests.Job Duties
- Receives incoming telephone calls and e-mails, including
inquiries and service requests. Enters requests into the WorxHub
system. Document maintenance meeting concerns and follow-ups.
- Schedules appointments for Housekeeping assistance. This would
include carpet cleaning, furniture re-arrangement, storage bin
assistance, Market Place donations, etc.
- Point of contact and oversees Pest Control contract
- Performs administrative support activities such as maintaining
files and department records, printing and duplicating services,
purchasing of supplies and equipment.
- Prepares notices for scheduled water shutdowns and noise
advisories, work with facility management in tracking the
renovations and construction process.
- Maintains the Guest Room reservation calendar. Prepares
reservation forms and provides confirmation notice to resident or
guest. Submits to the Reception Desk for processing. Logs
reservations on a separate form for at-a-glance access for
Reception Desk staff.Job Requirements
- Must be High School graduate or equivalent, advanced work in
Business field preferred.
- At least one-year experience in office setting preferred.
- Must have the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, visitors, and the general public.
- Must be able to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.A sampling
of our many benefits:
- Health/ Dental/ Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Financial assistance with U.S. Citizenship application
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Plan
- Fitness Center
- Free Meals
About Goodwin HouseGoodwin House Inc. has been uplifting the lives
of older adults and those who care for them since 1967. Based in
Northern Virginia, we are a mission-driven, not-for-profit
organization, committed to exceptional service and personalized
care. Our family of services includes two senior living
communities, an innovative continuing care at home program, health
care services, hospice, home health services, rehabilitation
therapy and the Goodwin House Foundation.Goodwin House Inc.
provides a supporting and enriching work environment and is proud
to be an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as an AARP Employer
Keywords: Goodwin House, Alexandria , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!