Senior Vice President, Finance and Administrative Services
Company: Volunteers of America National Services
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Volunteers of American National Services (VOANS), a wholly owned
subsidiary of Volunteers of America, Inc., (VOA) is a national
faith-based, human services non-profit organization. VOANS provides
affordable housing and senior healthcare services in 40 states and
Puerto Rico. VOANS has annual revenue of approximately $ 300
million, including unconsolidated affiliated entities. The Senior
Vice President, Finance and Administrative Services is responsible
for oversight and management of all VOANS fiscal and administrative
operations. Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President &
COO, this position is part of a senior leadership team that
continuously engages in assessing, planning and implementing major
strategic initiatives of the organization and is accountable for
company performance in assigned areas. He/she is responsible for
financial reports, company audits, and bank relationships and will
report indirectly to the Executive Vice President, and CFO to
ensure these functions are coordinated with Volunteers of America,
Inc. ("VOA") audit. The SVP, Finance and Administrative Services is
responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the organization
in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
and the mission of the organization. In addition, this position
provides information and consultation to the Board of Directors on
annual budget, fiscal activities, policies and the direction of
The SVP, Finance and Administrative Services must have a
mission-driven approach to financial strategy, planning and
analysis. They will collaborate with the VOANS Senior Leadership
Team to make decisions regarding VOANS' financial strategy and
operations. Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing
leadership, oversight and guidance for the corporate, regulatory,
infrastructure and financial viability of VOANS by establishing,
implementing and overseeing strategic initiatives and monitoring
financial plans and budgets as outlined in the strategic plan. Core
- Ensure regulatory and corporate compliance regarding all
financial functions; keep abreast of government regulatory
requirements and rapidly changing reimbursement environment to
develop and implement changes to policies and procedures.
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic
initiatives, operating model and operational execution.
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategic and
tactical plans/recommendations for information technology
investments and human capital development.
- Oversee audits and proper filing of tax returns in
collaboration with EVP, and CFO.
- Manage and lead a team of over 20 professionals in the finance
- Provide leadership for the delivery of administrative
functions, including information technology and human resources
- Assess organizational performance against both the annual
budget and short and long-term strategic goals and objectives.
- Establish and maintain sound financial and internal controls
and record keeping. Approve financial expenditures up to a level
established by the Board of Directors.
- Complete analysis of financial results based on revenue
forecasts, monthly management reports, budget, and Board
- Work collaboratively with operations team in development of the
proposed annual budget for Board approval.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and
activity based financial analysis to provide insight into the
organization's operations and business plans.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as
- Ensure that the financial activities and investment practices
of VOANS are managed according to sound business practices.
- Collaborate with SEVP/CFO on debit obligations that are
reviewed by the finance committee.
- Collaborate with SEVP/CFO in building out staffing models;
coordinate development of position descriptions and ensuring
appropriate separation of duties.
- Inspire, and empower the work force. Experience and Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, with a
major/concentration in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPA or MBA or equivalent required.
- At least ten years financially oriented experience. Experience
in overseeing administrative service delivery, including
information technology and human resources preferred. Additional
education in information technology, or human resources is a
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of financial analytics and
budgeting, including modeling and proformas. Experience in housing
and/or senior healthcare is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of financial statements and accounting
standards in a complex environment which includes multiple
- Experience interacting with external and internal auditors and
other third parties (financial statement, regulatory, performance,
- Background and/or understanding of process improvement
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, and the ability
to lead others by example.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, motivate, innovate, collaborate
and teach others throughout the finance division.
- Ability to manage strategic initiatives to achieve financial
goals/targets and measurable enhanced business practices.
- Ability to make timely, fact-based, and authoritative
decisions. Display proactive leadership to deliver organizational
and process enhancements for continuous improvement; willing to
reinvent financial processes as needed to improve organizational
- Demonstrated ability to help define and support strategic
financial planning processes and decisions; act as primary
financial support for business development and strategic
- Ability to work and partner with senior administrators on
various organizational initiatives.
- Ability to identify best practice approaches within the
financial realm and perform financial analyses accordingly.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills; ability to
manage and supervise multiple tasks, projects, and timelines.
- Demonstrated practice of sound interpersonal skills,
initiative, enthusiasm, creativity and independent problem-solving
- Able to communicate, facilitate, and present effectively to
groups, including committee and Board
Keywords: Volunteers of America National Services, Alexandria , Senior Vice President, Finance and Administrative Services, Administration, Clerical , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!