Posted on: March 28, 2020
Aptive is seeking a diligent Staff Accountant to join our
accounting department. This full-time, associate-level position is
in Alexandria, VA. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Efficient problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.JOB DUTIES.
- Support time and expense entry and approval process
- Support maintenance of financial reports, records, and general
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations
and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contribute to the development and review of annual operating
budgets and performance projections.
- Maintain documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and
treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Respond to information requests, reviewing financial
statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and DCAA.DESIRED SKILLS.
- CPA preferred
- Prior experience with Unanet
- Prior experience with a government contractorABOUT
APTIVE.Aptive is a modern federal consulting firm focused on human
experience, digital services and business transformation. Aptive
employees receive competitive compensation, along with company-paid
health care and short-term disability plans. We also offer a 401K
plan with company match, paid time off, flexible savings accounts,
commuter benefits and company-sponsored professional education
opportunities.Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an
impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your
community and our nation.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Aptive is an
equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any
other protected class. Veterans, members of the Reserve and
National Guard, and transitioning active-duty service members are
highly encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Aptive, Alexandria , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!